Here’s my first portfolio website & also was my first custom wordpress theme that occured on 2 years ago. At that times I was fall in love in vector style and girly color scheme. Everything I’ve done on that time is a sweet style. You can find my another sweet color scheme on my next word press custom theme soon.
One of security improvement for your wordpress site is hiding your wordpress version from header tag. WordPress theme always show the version of wordpress by default. in tag named . You can easy remove the meta tag generator by add some line to your function.php file within your theme path.
Login to your hosting admin panel or through your FTP software, then go to your theme folder and download Function.php file. Open it and the follow command at the buttom.
<?php remove_action('wp_head', 'wp_generator'); ?>
Please remind a space between the line you must not leave any blank line on this file because it will show you an error about “Warning: Cannot modify header information…..”
After that just saved & upload to replace the old one. Finished… Easy?
This is another great post from smashing magazine I put in my tutorial collection. This tutorial will provide you how to take benefit from the Custom Field Syntax. Actually I never knowed what is it before I read this article.
What you’ll get from this article
1. Spicing Up Post Titles
2. Only Display Posts With A Specific Custom Field
3. Using Custom Fields To Create A Unique Design
4. Search Engine Optimization With Custom Fields
Read complete article at:
More further reading:
- 10 Awesome Things to Do With WordPress’ Custom Fields
- WordPress Custom Field Tutorial, Part 1 and Part 2
- Custom “Read More” Links
Shortcode is a simple code that come with bracket for use into page or post to call PHP execute function same as the code to call any plugin to run in your issue such as [poll=1] fromm wp-poll plugin. This tutorial will provide you learn creating shortcode for use in your site and enhence you a higher level wordpress designer/developer
1. Create a “Send to Twitter” Shortcode
2. Create a “Subscribe to RSS” Shortcode
3. Insert Google AdSense Anywhere
4. Embed an RSS Reader
5. Get posts from WordPress Database with a Shortcode
6. Get the Last Image Attached to a Post
7. Adding Shortcodes to Sidebar Widgets
This is a complete tutorial to teach you how to create a brand new login page without any plugin. This example show you about modifying the functions.php file and add new css selectors.
1. Get Posts Published Between Two Dates
2. Use More Than One Loop On A Page, Without Printing Duplicate Posts
3. Insert Ads After The First Post
4. Get Posts With A Specific Custom Field And Specific Value
5. List Upcoming Posts
6. Display Posts Published One Year Ago
7. Use The Loop To Create An “Archive” Page Template
8. Create Your Own WordPress Loops Using The WP_Query Object
9. Get Only The Latest Sticky Posts
10. Create A Loop Of Images
Here are my recommend 10 best web forms that may help you improve you design portfolio.